How do I get the most of out of Impuse Media player?

Apr 3, 2014 at 4:41 AM
Hi, I'm new, I found Impulse media player through a recommendation that it allowed music to be played at 432hz.
I enjoy the music player, but how do I get the most out of this application. I am not a developer or software expert. I know it connects to lastFM, but if I am correct, it mostly shares what you are playing on your computer to what is on Last FM through scrabbling. I tried to read the documentation area, but didn't know how to use the Last FM or shoutcast to its potential. Is there a way I can connect Impulse media player to a radio station to play the music at 432hz?

Really my question is, how do I get the most out of this player, other than just using it as a substitute for Windows Media Player? (I'm a PC). What can you do with it and what do you do with it?

Thanks
Coordinator
Apr 3, 2014 at 8:37 AM
Hi Fernmann, Impulse Media Player was developed to meet user's requirements, not developers.
Connection to lastfm allows to do scrobbling, check your history. Plus, you can see events connected to your favourite artist and similar music by using the lastfm tab of IMP. (check docs).
Honestly I don't remember if pitch and speed changes are disabled while listening to radio stream, but in case I'll try to enable these controls. Stay tuned for updates!

Best regards
Fabrizio Stellato

Sent from my Windows Phone

Coordinator
Apr 3, 2014 at 2:37 PM
Impulse Media Player 3.5.5.0 was released today.

Tempo and Pitch are enabled also for streaming music.

Remember to set pitch to -32 cent if you want to listen it at 432 Hz. (Check documentation).
Apr 5, 2014 at 9:37 PM
How do I stream music with Impulse Media Player? Am I able to connect to just LastFM? or to any others as well?
Coordinator
Apr 6, 2014 at 1:58 PM
Honestly I 'm not sure of what you mean for streaming. Do you mean listening streaming music or to actively stream with broadcast?
If is the first case, like any player just open a playlist file (m3u or pls). Also, if you only have the address of the streaming music, you can press ctrl+O and paste the adress to the open dialog. Once the track is load, you can save the playlist by pressing the button save under tracklist tab.
I never connected to lastfm radio, but the mechanism is the same for all radio.

Ps
If your purpose is to broadcast instead, check documentation inside this page.
Apr 6, 2014 at 9:41 PM
I do not intend to broadcast, I tried the ctrl+O and pasted the address of streaming music sites such as iHeart radio, radiobookmark, and Spotify, but none of them seem to be working. I have never streamed music like this so I am completely new at this.

What I put into the ctrl+O dialog box is "http://www.iheart.com/live/Kat-1037-1329/?autoplay=true" "http://www.radiobookmark.com/listener-interactive/flashwidget/index.html?station_id=Zq29YrTv4sPBm7Kj&autostart=true" and "https://play.spotify.com/radio/track/4NAmRvqSITAAzKWnC8yRq3" but none are working. I know I am doing something wrong.

I understand I can open my own music on my computer and play them with Impulse Media. I just would like to know a step by step guide of how to take online radio music and or the sites previously mentioned and stream that music from online onto Impulse Media. Given our conversation I think that is what Impulse Media can do, so I would like to learn how to do that.

Thanks,
Coordinator
Apr 6, 2014 at 11:11 PM
None of the link you have posted are in a standard format, so , for the last link for example, you can play it only with spotify.
Links you can open are standard formats like mp3, aac, wma, pls, m3u.
This is an example

se.scenemusic.net:8000/necta192.mp3

Take also a look at shoutcast,com, which has several link to streaming radios.
Apr 7, 2014 at 2:17 AM
Awesome! Thanks so much. Now the next greatest thing you can make is a iphone or android app that can do what Impulse Media Player does. I love the fact that I can retune radio music to 432hz! I only wish there was an actual physical clock radio that had the software to tune the music to 432hz.

Thanks so much for your help!